While Christmas songs play and the smell of balsam needles fill your homes, here are some delicious Christmas cookies from our chef Sarah for the holiday season! These make a great gifts, treats to bring to all of your Christmas parties or just some sweet snacks to add to your christmas repertoire!
Chocolate Cranberry Italian Cookies
10 oz Semisweet Chocolate
2/3 Cups butter
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
3/4 Cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 Cups Dried cranberries
1) Melt together butter and chocolate
2) Mix together flour, baking powder and salt
3) Beat eggs and sugar until pale and thick
4) Add Vanilla to egg and sugar mixture
5) Mix ingredients together
6) Add cranberries
7) Spoon a heaping TBSP on to a tray
8) Bake at 325 for 12 minutes or until tops are cracked and shiny.
Pineapple Coconut Cookies
14 oz crushed pineapple, drain and squeeze
3 Cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup softened butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 lime (zest only)
1 1/2 cups sweet shredded coconut
1) Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
2) Beat butter and brown sugar until smooth, then add white sugar, egg and vanilla.
3) Slowly beat lime zest into mixture
4) Stir in one cup of coconut. Roll dough into logs and roll in the left over coconut, then refrigerate for one hour or over night
5) Slice into 1 cm sizes and bake at 325 for approximately 20 minutes or until bottoms are light brown.
Just a reminder of our holiday hours:
We will be closed Dec 24,25 26 and the 31st as well as January 1st.
Merry Christmas from the Brambles and Tanglebank Family to yours!