CHEF KAYLA’S HONEY SWEETENED MARSHMALLOWS:
- 3 tbsp gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla, or flavoring of your choice
- pinch of salt
- toasted coconut
- cocoa powder
- Lightly grease a 9×13 pan and then layer with parchment paper. Lightly butter the parchment paper. (At this point, since I was making toasted coconut and cocoa marshmallows and I dusted cocoa powder over half the pan and sprinkled the coconut on the other half of the pan).
- Sprinkle the gelatin over 1/2 cup water in the bowl of your mixer and let bloom. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pot pour the other 1/2 cup water, salt and 1 cup honey. Cook over medium-low heat until the temperature comes to 240. Do not stir during this process. Once it has reached the desired temperature take off the heat.
- Now very carefully, on low speed, slowly drizzle the honey syrup into the bowl with the gelatin/water mixture and beat. Once the mixture begins to fluff up, slowly increase the speed to medium-high and continue beating for about 10-12 minutes. When it looks fluffy and cloud-like, add in the vanilla (or any other flavoring you prefer) and pour into the prepared pan. Let it side for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Once it has completely set, I cut into about 1 inch cubes and roll into my desired garnishes. I did half toasted coconut and half cocoa. Then eat away and enjoy!
For more delicious recipes from Chef Kayla, click the ‘Life from Scratch’ tab in the menu above.