Another recipe from our recent Ladies Soiree:
Chorizo, Caramelized Onion, Sautéed Pear & Cranberry Phyllo Cup
Another of the fabulous appetizer recipes from the Ladies Soiree:
- 4 links of chorizo ( Davis meats)
- 2 onions – white
- 4 Bartlet pears
- 1.5 cup dried cranberries
- 1 package phyllo
- 4 tbsp butter for sautéing
- Take the 4 links of chorizo sausage and squeeze the meat out of the casing and keep it aside.
- Peel the two white onions and julienne.
- Peel and core pears and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Measure out cranberries.
- Pull out phyllo sheets
- In a sauté pan add 2 tbsp butter once the butter is bubbling
- add your julienned white onion and cook down to caramelized.
- Take the onions out of the pan add 2 more tbsp. butter with your ground chorizo; then cook through until meat is caramelized.
- Add the caramelized onions back in with the chorizo, then add pears and cranberries.
- Sautee until all combined.
- Take out of the frying pan and let cool
- Grab a muffin tin, spray down with canola oil.
- Grab one piece of phyllo pastry; brush with butter gently.
- Keep layering and brushing the phyllo until you have about four layers.
- Cut into 4 and then cut down to the appropriate size of your muffin tin. You should have enough to make a base and fill the rim of the muffin tin.
- Start filling the muffin tins, once the muffin tins are full brush again with butter
- Place in 350 degree oven until golden brown.
- Once out add sautéed mixture!